It is currently Wed Jan 17, 2018 6:24 am

2005 Seb. Conv. - How to remove CC buttons to remove airbag

View active topics

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2018 6:15 pm   
Copper Member

I have a 2005 Sebring Convertible. I have the horn going off randomly issue due to the SW Chrysler emblem attachment pegs pressing on the horn switch membranes. I need to remove the airbag and airbag cover to remove the horn switch and repair it. But, I need to know how to remove the CC buttons to get to the airbag bolts. I do not want to break the CC buttons. I'm told they pull off, but I really need move details on how to remove them.

Also, in case I can not repair the horn switch can anyone post a link to buy a new horn switch on the web. I cannot find a horn switch anywhere. Does anyone have a good used one?

Thanks,

Glenn

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2018 10:05 pm   
Platinum Member

Glenn it has been a few years since I took mine apart to install the wood wheel but there is a screw that is accessed from the back side which needs to come out. If I remember correctly it is a #10 torx. It is hard to see so a mirror will help. You will see a hole on each side in the back of the wheel. The screw is inside that hole

PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2018 10:47 am   
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

It's a T10 orT15 and can be a PITA to find the screw. It is best accessed with a dedicated Torx driver, as a Torx bit in an adapter may hang up in the hole, or you can end up pulling out the extension and adapter with your bit remaining buried inside the hole, still hung up on the screw.
You will need to gently pry the switches out after you remove the retaining screws.