Register
It is currently Fri Sep 19, 2014 2:01 am

6-Disc CD Changer Err

View active topics

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2008 7:50 pm   
Our 1999 Limited has the factory CD Changer. Over the winter the battery died and we tried to eject the CD changer. The radio displayed a "err 001" code. Which is the code for "Deadlock" according to the manual. We replaced the battery and still have the error and the CD changer and player will not work or eject the cartridge.
Is this a security function or a mechanical problem? Does anyone know how to reset the system or fix the problem?
Would be greatly appreciated ... Thanks.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2008 8:50 pm   
I think you would need to take it to the dealer for repair. :( If it was mine I would probable pull it out of the dash and take it apart to remove the disc and see what happens. The thing is if you take it to the dealer they will probably just want to replace it because they are not in the stereo business and don’t like to fix things they like to replace things. :cry:

PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2008 9:54 pm   
Silver Member

Im surprised you have not got more help on this. Why dont you pm Bandaide, he may be able to help as he is amazing with these cars. Tell him I sent you. :D

PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2008 11:25 pm   
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

My 4th convertible wrote:
Im surprised you have not got more help on this. Why dont you pm Bandaide, he may be able to help as he is amazing with these cars. Tell him I sent you. :D

Uh-oh, I'm being called upon. :)

Well, let's see......checking my 99 FSM for inspiration.......

And come up with some specific tests that basically involve checking connectors and voltage. And every single reportable error code that this changer can indicate finishes with "Replace Changer". Me thinks you got some shopping to do after CD Changer Surgery. Personally I'd pull the durn thing apart by it's screws and get my cds back, all the while watching for the cause of the problem.

And I have to take back my comment about every reportable error ending with "Replace Changer". Three of them actually don't . One says "NOCD" then load discs in the magazine. The next one says "----" then load the magazine into the player. The last one says "ERR HOT" then let it cool down. Did you know these things can get HOT? :thisjustin:

Profile YIM  
 PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2008 11:40 pm   
Silver Member

:worship: :worship:
Here you go oaklandvert, probably not the answer you were hoping for.
Maybe check with Glenn at Convertiblesforever for a replacement.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2008 4:12 pm   
Bronze Member

Not sure what you need to do to fix it but getting your CDs out is not too difficult. You need to remove the change (which is a bit of a pain) but then it's just a matter of removing the case to access the 'guts' and then one of the larger gears is what makes cds go in-out. You just have to turn it by hand.