Register
It is currently Wed Nov 26, 2014 3:26 am

S2/B&G lowering springs

View active topics

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2008 3:01 pm   
Does anybody know of someone who uses the S2 lowering springs for a 2G vert? I read they drop the car by 1.4" vs the 2" of the intrax. Any link, photos, or reference to someone who used that setup would be nice.

thx

PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2008 3:10 pm   
B&Gs are pretty much the gold standard of drop over at the 2gss.org site. I'll do some searching around and see if I can figure out who has the drop. I personally researched it a great deal, even placed an order for some of the springs (but the company I went through is either out of business or something since theyve been down for almost 2 months now).

PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2008 3:13 pm   
NfamousCJ wrote:
B&Gs are pretty much the gold standard of drop over at the 2gss.org site. I'll do some searching around and see if I can figure out who has the drop. I personally researched it a great deal, even placed an order for some of the springs (but the company I went through is either out of business or something since theyve been down for almost 2 months now).

Thanks that would be great. I found a part number, which supposedly fits on the vert (14.1.011 http://www.drivewire.com/products/chrys ... -kit/17852) and it is even cheaper than Intrax and Eibach (letter do not have a fitting set for us). I just want to confirm the correct part# and if anybody has some experience with them. 1.4" drop sounds nice and suitable even for daily driving.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2008 3:32 pm   
I can tell the lower talk is a location thing. I know here in MN I wont even think about ordering a lower kit. But if I lived somewhere where the clearance was an issue then maybe. I know there is another kit but I cant not find it anywhere online. The search continues.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2008 3:35 pm   
Basch wrote:
I can tell the lower talk is a location thing. I know here in MN I wont even think about ordering a lower kit. But if I lived somewhere where the clearance was an issue then maybe. I know there is another kit but I cant not find it anywhere online. The search continues.

Kind of understand your point being in MN...but when I was still living in Upstate New York I drove my family sedan with lowering kit all year around too. Was sometimes funny when I was plowing snow of the street with my lowered car and ground effect kit :lol:

PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2008 7:20 pm   
NfamousCJ wrote:

Just got confirmation from B&G that the part# 14.1.011 fits our 2G convertible and will yield and even 1.4" drop. Something really to consider.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 29, 2008 11:11 pm   
Heres DropTop's ride from the 2gss board
(Intrax)
[ img ]

and Sebring RT's (granted he has a body kit and Sebby to Stratus conversion you get the idea)
(B&Gs)
[ img ]

PostPosted: Sat Nov 29, 2008 11:57 pm   
NfamousCJ wrote:
Heres DropTop's ride from the 2gss board
(Intrax)
[ img ]

and Sebring RT's (granted he has a body kit and Sebby to Stratus conversion you get the idea)
(B&Gs)
[ img ]

Thanks for the pic's. I love the Intrax drop - but also read the concerns from Sebringdroptop2003 about them. S2 might be a good compromise to go with.