Register
It is currently Wed Nov 26, 2014 3:26 am

S2/B&G lowering springs

View active topics

All times are UTC - 5 hours


Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 8 posts ] 
Author Message
 PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2008 3:01 pm   
User avatar
Does anybody know of someone who uses the S2 lowering springs for a 2G vert? I read they drop the car by 1.4" vs the 2" of the intrax. Any link, photos, or reference to someone who used that setup would be nice.

thx


Top
  
 PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2008 3:10 pm   
User avatar
B&Gs are pretty much the gold standard of drop over at the 2gss.org site. I'll do some searching around and see if I can figure out who has the drop. I personally researched it a great deal, even placed an order for some of the springs (but the company I went through is either out of business or something since theyve been down for almost 2 months now).


Top
  
 PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2008 3:13 pm   
User avatar
NfamousCJ wrote:
B&Gs are pretty much the gold standard of drop over at the 2gss.org site. I'll do some searching around and see if I can figure out who has the drop. I personally researched it a great deal, even placed an order for some of the springs (but the company I went through is either out of business or something since theyve been down for almost 2 months now).


Thanks that would be great. I found a part number, which supposedly fits on the vert (14.1.011 http://www.drivewire.com/products/chrys ... -kit/17852) and it is even cheaper than Intrax and Eibach (letter do not have a fitting set for us). I just want to confirm the correct part# and if anybody has some experience with them. 1.4" drop sounds nice and suitable even for daily driving.


Top
  
 PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2008 3:32 pm   
User avatar
I can tell the lower talk is a location thing. I know here in MN I wont even think about ordering a lower kit. But if I lived somewhere where the clearance was an issue then maybe. I know there is another kit but I cant not find it anywhere online. The search continues.


Top
  
 PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2008 3:35 pm   
User avatar
Basch wrote:
I can tell the lower talk is a location thing. I know here in MN I wont even think about ordering a lower kit. But if I lived somewhere where the clearance was an issue then maybe. I know there is another kit but I cant not find it anywhere online. The search continues.


Kind of understand your point being in MN...but when I was still living in Upstate New York I drove my family sedan with lowering kit all year around too. Was sometimes funny when I was plowing snow of the street with my lowered car and ground effect kit :lol:


Top
  
 PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2008 7:20 pm   
User avatar
NfamousCJ wrote:
B&Gs are pretty much the gold standard of drop over at the 2gss.org site. I'll do some searching around and see if I can figure out who has the drop. I personally researched it a great deal, even placed an order for some of the springs (but the company I went through is either out of business or something since theyve been down for almost 2 months now).


Just got confirmation from B&G that the part# 14.1.011 fits our 2G convertible and will yield and even 1.4" drop. Something really to consider.


Top
  
 PostPosted: Sat Nov 29, 2008 11:11 pm   
User avatar
Heres DropTop's ride from the 2gss board
(Intrax)
[ img ]

and Sebring RT's (granted he has a body kit and Sebby to Stratus conversion you get the idea)
(B&Gs)
[ img ]


Top
  
 PostPosted: Sat Nov 29, 2008 11:57 pm   
User avatar
NfamousCJ wrote:
Heres DropTop's ride from the 2gss board
(Intrax)
[ img ]

and Sebring RT's (granted he has a body kit and Sebby to Stratus conversion you get the idea)
(B&Gs)
[ img ]


Thanks for the pic's. I love the Intrax drop - but also read the concerns from Sebringdroptop2003 about them. S2 might be a good compromise to go with.


Top
  
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 8 posts ] 

All times are UTC - 5 hours


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  


Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group
Style originally created by Volize © 2003 • Redesigned SkyLine by MartectX © 2008 - 2010