Register
It is currently Thu Apr 17, 2014 9:20 am

2009 P2004 code intake runner problem

View active topics

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2011 4:14 pm   
Just had oil changed and a new air filter put in - now I get a trouble code of P2004 and the check engine light is on - I lookled the code up - manifold runner stuck open - or something similar. I have looked around and see the valve located at the end of the air intake where it connects to the intake manifold - I don't see any obvious vacuum lines off nor do they seem dry rotted - anyone know of an issue with the valves - it is quite close to where the oil filter spins on - which kinda makes me suspicious that during the oil change something got bumped?? Any suggestions

PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2011 7:06 pm   
Silver Member

Go to chrysler.com >For Owners >recalls and put in your VIN to check recalls. From what I can find out, it is after the throttle body and may be called a 'short runner valve'. It seems to be electrically controlled.

PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2011 10:57 pm   
Yes I agree as it has an electrical cable and a vacuum line to it - both look fine. The car only has 54000 miles on it. I was wondering if anyone knows a way to diagnose the situation and "see" if the valve is responding. I will check the recall listing's also - Thanks for the link

PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2011 11:30 pm   
Silver Member

I wish tech info was cheap for these beasts. There is also a solenoid operated 'intake tuning valve'. To boot. our throttle bodies have no seviceable parts as far as TPS and IAC. Buy another whole assembly if the throttle body fails.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2012 9:20 pm   
Did you have any luck fixing this problem??
I also have a 2009 Chrysler Sebring 58,000miles and recently installed Remote Start/Keyless module about 3 weeks ago(not sure if that helps, but just in case). I also recently drove from Houston Tx to Jacksonville NC back and forth in less than 1.5 months and will be driving back in two weeks.

I was driving 3 days ago and my check engine light came on. I stopped at Autozone and had it checked with the scanner. The first time the codes that came back where, P2004 & P2017. Next day the light didnt come on until later in the afternoon. I stopped at another autozone to have it scanned again, this time only the P2004 code came back.
Could anyone help with this problem.