Register
It is currently Fri Nov 28, 2014 10:30 am

horn replacement

View active topics

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2011 5:35 pm   
Copper Member

Hi Guys
has any one out there ever replaced the horn.
My dog snores louder then then my horn.
Is there only a single horn or our there two?
It sounds like I only have one.
were is it located in the car, and if it is a single horn do they make a two tone sounding horn?
does any one have pictures of instaltion?
I just put in a blower moter resistor for my heat & air and you guys were a great
help with know-how and pixs. It works great.
I have a 2005 GCT :redvert:

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2011 8:50 pm   
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

horn should be pretty easy...they are 2 tone and they have a habit of taking on water I know on the 1st gen they were on the right side under/behind the bumper...
My daughters 99 sounds kind of like a goose...she'll fix it some day...if you manage to revive the horns, I'd drill a small hole in the bottom of the horn assembly (the plastic part) so it will allow water to drain out...I used to do that years ago and it helped.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2011 9:02 pm   

You have one horn and it is located behind the passenger side fog lamp area. As hard hat mentioned, water will destroy them. I should know as I've replaced the original and the 1st replacement. The 2nd replacement horn quit working a while ago; and, I know it's the connection. I will repair it and it works for a day or so and then quits working. I may actually repair it once again. So far, instead of honking at rude drivers I've found the single finger salute to be more effective....and it's quiet. BTW, I replaced mine with a low tone rather than a high tone. A dual tone would be the correct replacement, I believe.

Profile WWW  
 PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2011 1:49 pm   
Before I sold off my Cadillac, I took out the "trumpet horn" option- 4 horns that sound like a train. Pure awesomeness. Spliced each of the two horns on the Sebring into two and bolted all four of the horns into random open holes I found in the undercarriage. My 'vert surely turns heads.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2011 4:43 pm   
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Im thinking about doing that to my truck sometime..just for funniness....since it is my daily driver...