It is currently Sun Dec 21, 2014 4:54 am

Sebring 2.7 Vacuum pipe

View active topics

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2012 3:44 am   
Hi,

Does anyone know where one the vacuum lines should go? Car is 2001 Sebring with 2.7 litres V6, and I am missing other end for the vacuum pipe.

Here is the picture where the line begins, but where it should go?
http://imgur.com/R91Uj
I am meaning the first one of the vacuum lines that begins from top of the intake.

I have a vacuum diagram on the bonnet, but it looks some king of a weird.. Lines wont actually go like the diagram says.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2012 9:08 am   
Platinum Member

I had a look at mine and you will need to remove the air filter box inorder to trace where it goes. It runs down along with the other small vacum hose attached to the top of the intake to a rubber hose which then goes under the car. I am not sure where from there but my guess is the fuel tank or charcoal canister. (I have never had a reason to look where the charcoal canister is mounted so that is purely a guess on my part.)
[ img ]

PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2012 12:33 pm   
toplscuda wrote:
I had a look at mine and you will need to remove the air filter box inorder to trace where it goes.

I removed air filter box, and mine pipe ends overthere.. Vacuum pipes end is open... looks like there is missing a part of the vacuum line.

Now i need to know where to connect the open vacuum lines end..

PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2012 1:32 pm   
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

As I recall, there is one line that runs from the Leak Detector Pump (mounted by the charcoal canister back by the fuel tank) to the purge solenoid in the engine compartment. The purge solenoid has another line that runs to the intake manifold.

I would think you would be getting a CEL showing a P04xx type code, indicating EVAP system leak.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2012 8:40 am   
EJS wrote:
one line that runs from the Leak Detector Pump
I would think you would be getting a CEL showing a P04xx type code, indicating EVAP system leak.

If I recall right, the Leak detection pump is located in/near the fuel tank?

CEL is indicating that either block runs on rich, and sometimes MAP sensor gives error P0108.