Register
It is currently Sat Nov 01, 2014 1:08 am

Radio UNLOCK Code ?

View active topics

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2007 8:11 pm   
Copper Member

What about the older versions? Any idea?

Profile WWW YIM  
 PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2007 12:07 am   
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

diego wrote:
What about the older versions? Any idea?

Nope. To my knowledge, Chrysler has never put a lock code on any of their radio's

Profile WWW  
 PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2007 6:17 am   
Copper Member

Yes, they did. And if you put a wrong code , the radio is locked for 2 hours.. At least on my standard Cassette player radio.. :roll:
The thing is that I cannot find my unlock code :? Any idea?

Profile WWW YIM  
 PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2007 7:47 am   
Gold Member

ahargado wrote:
chuckkent wrote:
My Chryslers don't have a unlock code like GM radios. I have changed batteries and haven't had to punch in a code to get the radio to work.

Thanks very much !!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm a little confused here. You were looking for an unlock code, I assume to unlock your radio. Was your radio ever locked to begin with? :roll:

Profile WWW  
 PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2007 11:18 am   
I worked for DaimlerChrysler corporate for 14 years, and they never had a lock code for the radios. And that was until 2001. If your radio isn't working and displaying a criptic display that is because of a malfunction, and will have to be sent in for repairs, or if out of warranty replaced

PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2007 8:42 pm   
Copper Member

I had to disconnect the negative battery plug , ok? I had to do it because my front air vents were not working.. (Got the solution here, cool! :) ) That solved the problem since the servos reseted.. Ok.. now my radio showed a CODE sign. I entered 1,2,3,4 then the screen said REPEAT, 1,2,3,4 and finally got locked.. A message showing "WAIT 2HS" is there now.. I´m contacting the previous owner because I don´t have any Unlock code here with the documents of the car. I will change the Radio tomorrow using an InDash DVD player.. so I have time till I sell the car..

Profile WWW YIM  
 PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2007 11:04 pm   
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Diego,

The radio should carry either the Chrysler brand or Infinity brand if it was originally a US car. You might be able to find more information if you can determine the model and manufacturer of the radio from either the faceplate or if necessary by dismounting the radio and checking the chassis for this information. Then you should be able to go to the manufacturer on the web and find the owner's manual for the radio.

Good Luck!

Profile YIM  
 PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2007 11:21 pm   
Copper Member

chuckkent wrote:
You must not have a stock radio.....good luck....

I do have a stock radio man.. I will take a picture and show you as soon I can.. Maybe the model that came to Argentina?

Profile WWW YIM  
 PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2007 11:47 pm   
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

diego wrote:
chuckkent wrote:
You must not have a stock radio.....good luck....

I do have a stock radio man.. I will take a picture and show you as soon I can.. Maybe the model that came to Argentina?

After some investigation, Diego is 100% correct, and you have my apology for thinking there was no such thing.

It's called Theft Lock Code. Bummer that it was set!

This site claims to be able to help you get the code.
http://www.car-audio-accessories.com/ch ... o-code.php

I don't know that site and I have no affiliation with them whatsoever. Just following the google trail of the issue at hand.

See about making some connections at your local dealer too. I'm sure they would be nice enough to get you the code.

Good luck and let us know how it goes.

Profile WWW  
 PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2007 11:08 am   
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I was told you can not take a radio from one car to another as there is a theft protection that will not allow it. Is that the same thing as the unlock code?

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2007 2:20 pm   
wifes97jx wrote:
I was told you can not take a radio from one car to another as there is a theft protection that will not allow it. Is that the same thing as the unlock code?

Yes.

I also got this information regarding replacing my stock radio last year. Not all of the radios have them set, so it isn't always going to lock up the radio when you move it from one car to another (say picking up a radio at the salvage yard). But if it does lock...you need the code which is only supposed to be given to the registered owner of the original vehicle it was delivered in (by Serial Number).

I understand there are work-arounds, but I don't have any specific info on them.

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2007 2:40 pm   
Copper Member

I knew :)
Thanks god, the previous owner had the unlock code, so I don´t have to worry... but it´s an interesting thing to know if you change your radio. If you sell the car with the original radio, that number is important..

Thanks guys.

Profile WWW YIM  
 PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2007 4:06 pm   
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Glad to hear you found out the code. So the rest of us are on the same page as you who puts in the number the owner or the manufacture? Is it tied to the serial number, vin number or made up?

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2007 4:10 pm   
Copper Member

wifes97jx wrote:
Glad to hear you found out the code. So the rest of us are on the same page as you who puts in the number the owner or the manufacture? Is it tied to the serial number, vin number or made up?

Hey, no.. the number is independent.. and It comes from the manufacturer.. I´m sure about that.. Maybe you can call your dealer and ask.. I will, just to know if they can recover it..

Profile WWW YIM