Register
It is currently Tue Sep 02, 2014 2:45 pm

Lowering springs 2009 convertible?

View active topics

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sat Sep 25, 2010 4:13 am   
Anyone know of a company that sells lowering spring for the 2009 convertibles?I finally found vogtland springs after looking for over a month and they said springs are not available.Thanks ahead of time for your help.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 25, 2010 10:56 am   
Vic wrote:
Anyone know of a company that sells lowering spring for the 2009 convertibles?I finally found vogtland springs after looking for over a month and they said springs are not available.Thanks ahead of time for your help.

Vogtlandsuspension.com tells me they deliver in 1-7 business days.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 25, 2010 11:03 am   
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I seen some kits n Ebay.. But I wouldn't trust them much..

Profile YIM  
 PostPosted: Sat Sep 25, 2010 4:45 pm   
tobeit wrote:
Vic wrote:

Vogtlandsuspension.com tells me they deliver in 1-7 business days.

I tried vogtland,i purchashed the springs and the next day had a email saying they refunded my money that the springs are out of stock and eta is 6 weeeks.Im emailed them about it and the best answer they could give is try to buy them again in 6 weeks.So just seeing if they are the only option,anyone know what the difference is between the sedan and convertible as far as the springs go.The front springs show the same part number but the rears had multiple options from the dealer,am i guessing the rear would be the issue cause of the difference in weight between the sedan and convertible?

PostPosted: Sat Sep 25, 2010 11:44 pm   
Copper Member

I looked into that weight difference once. If I remember right there is a 100 or so pound between the first gen coupe and convertible. I asked one those ebay sellers if the springs for a coupe would fit my vert. He stated that they would fit but there was a weight difference so they could not tell what ride height would be like. I have no idea if he knew what he was talking about. :?:

PostPosted: Mon Sep 27, 2010 9:40 am   
Bronze Member

cars.com has 3 weights listed for the 09 sebring sedan (based on what engine it has), so the weight difference between the two is approximately 400 lbs if the two cars had the same motor.

and for the 1gs, springs from a coupe will not fit your car. nothing from a coupe will fit your car. it is an entirely different car with the same name.

Profile WWW  
 PostPosted: Mon Sep 27, 2010 3:22 pm   
"nothing from a coupe will fit your car. it is an entirely different car with the same name"

Are our 3rd Gen converts that different? I knew they were different from the firewall back, but I thought they might have the same front clip as the sedans.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 27, 2010 3:29 pm   
Bronze Member

the second part of my previous post was directed at the person above me with the 1g. your 3g is very similar to the sedan in many ways. however, if you get springs meant for a sedan and put them on your convertible, it will lower your car even lower than they advertise. my mustang vert has springs meant for a coupe. it rides pretty low.

Profile WWW